The Community Criminal Justice Board (CCJB), which is an advisory board for the operation of Pretrial Services and Local Probation. It is comprised of individuals appointed by the various governing bodies of the localities; City of Winchester, Counties of Frederick, Warren, Clarke, Page, and Shenandoah, which participate through resolution in a multi-jurisdictional effort, as well as those persons mandated by Code of Virginia §9.1-178.
Pursuant to Code of Virginia §9.1-180, the CCJB has the following responsibilities:
1. Advise on the development and operation of local pretrial services and community-based probation services pursuant to §§ 19.2-152.2 and 9.1-176 for use by the courts in diverting offenders from local correctional facility placements;
2. Assist community agencies and organizations in establishing and modifying programs and services for defendants and offenders on the basis of an objective assessment of the community's needs and resources;
3. Evaluate and monitor community programs and pretrial and local community-based probation services and facilities to determine their impact on offenders;
4. Develop and amend the criminal justice plan in accordance with guidelines and standards set forth by the Department and oversee the development and amendment of the community-based corrections plan as required by § 53.1-82.1 for approval by participating local governing bodies;
5. Review the submission of all criminal justice grants regardless of the source of funding;
6. Facilitate local involvement and flexibility in responding to the problem of crime in their communities; and
7. Do all things necessary or convenient to carry out the responsibilities expressly given in this article.
Old Dominion CCJB Meeting Schedule
Meetings are held quarterly. Meetings begin at 6:30 p.m. The private citizens are welcome to attend, but may not address the Board unless they have been placed on the agenda.
October 15, 2019
January 21, 2020
April 21, 2020
July 21, 2020
To request additional information about the CCJB meetings, please email the Community Corrections Chief.